User Management and Permissions
Semaphore organizations can have unlimited members. Members have different permissions based on their role.
The creator of organization is its owner. There cannot be multiple owners, but it is possible to transfer the ownership.
- See all projects;
- Add projects, if they have admin access to the repository on GitHub;
- Delete projects.
Owner also has access to the Owner's area, which includes:
- Add new members to organization. Members can be invited by their GitHub username. New members will be able to enter the organization the first time they sign in with their GitHub accounts. Note: If you want someone to have access to a project on Semaphore, you first need to give this person access to the repository on GitHub, and then add them as a member to Semaphore on
- Remove members from organization. Upon removal, their access to all projects in the organization will be revoked. Please note that this won't change their permissions on GitHub.
Owner can see the billing section and perform changes, such as enter credit card information, see the current spending, and edit invoice related information.
Owner can change the name of the organization. Note that this will not change the ID and unique URL of the organization.
Members can't access the Owner’s area.
- See all projects they can see on GitHub;
- Add projects to Semaphore, if they have admin access to a particular repository on GitHub;
- Delete the projects they created.
Transferring ownership of an organization
In order to transfer the ownership to a new user, the following conditions need to be met:
- New owner needs to be a member of the organization;
- New owner needs to log in to Semaphore 2.0 at least once;
- Current owner needs to send a confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org from a primary email account related to Semaphore 2.0. In this email, please include name of the organization and GitHub username of the new owner.
After that, we’ll change the ownership on your behalf.
Deleting organization and account
In order to delete your account and/or organization, please send an email to email@example.com from a primary email connected to the GitHub account you use to log in to Semaphore 2.0. In this email, include your GitHub username and the name of the organization you’d like to delete.